Trust & Safety
Our Handy Neighbors – the secret sauce of Umbrella
Umbrella Handy Neighbors are often recent retirees. They’re former teachers, firefighters, business executives or artists. Others are community members who find that Umbrella fits into their lives as a way to earn extra income and give back.
Our vetting process
Before being allowed on Umbrella, Umbrella Handy Neighbors pass a three step check.
1. Interview by a trained Umbrella employee
2. Reference checks that cover a potential Handy Neighbor's history of doing similar jobs and working with seniors
3. Our background check covers the following:
- Address history and Social Security Number validations
- National level FBI and Department of Justice background checks
- Sex offender records
- Global watchlist check
Additionally, we call after completed jobs to make sure everything went well, including your feedback in our rating system.
The Umbrella Happiness Pledge
The bottom line-- we want you to love using Umbrella. We have created a Happiness Pledge, which you can read here in full, to ensure that your experience is a great one.
If for some reason something goes wrong, we will follow the outlined terms to make everything right. Our customer’s happiness is our top priority.
Sam & Lindsay, founders of Umbrella